Low Carb Sour Cream Cinnamon Coffee Cake
2 cups of almond flour finely milled
1 ¼ cup of sugar substitute
2 tablespoons of baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of sea salt
¼ teaspoon of baking soda
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup (1 stick) melted butter cooled
1 cup of sour cream
Low Carb Crumb Topping
1 cup of almond flour (I used finely milled)
½ cup of coconut flour
½ cup of sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
½ cup of your favorite low carb nuts (I used pecans)
½ cup (1 stick) cold butter sliced thinly
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch spring-form cake pan.
- Make the crumb topping: In a small bowl, combine the sugar substitute, almond flour, coconut flour, pecan nuts, salt and cinnamon. To the dry ingredients add I thinly sliced cold butter and cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Cake batter: In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sugar substitute, spices, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt. In a small bowl, stir the cooled melted butter, sour cream, and eggs until they are well combined. Fold the butter & sour cream mixture into the batter dry ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Spread the batter into the spring-form pan and sprinkle the crumb topping over the cake.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the crumbs are lightly browned and until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Serves 15 3.6 net carbs per slice
Enjoy in good health!