A super-duper low-carb options for chicken fans from Yummy Lummy…
Super hot and spicy chicken wings that are low carb too Spicy chicken wings were on my mind all day after I watched Megatoad (aka Matt Stonie) eating sixty-five (65) chicken wings on his YouTube channel. He starts mild and steps up to the really hot and spicy chicken wings towards the end and then […]
Riesling Chicken Stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken portions
- 15g smoked, streaky bacon, chopped
- 12 shallots
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1tbsp flour
- 150ml Riesling or dry white wine
- 500ml hot chicken stock
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- Heat half the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken in batches, over a medium heat until golden. Set aside.
- Put the bacon in the same pan and fry gently to release its fat. Turn heat to medium, add the shallots and cook for 5 min, stirring occasionally, until both are lightly coloured.
- Remove the leaves from the tarragon and set aside. Sprinkle over flour and stir to absorb the juices. Cook for 1 min, then gradually add the white wine, stock, and tarragon stalks. Return chicken to pan, cover and simmer over a gentle heat for 45 min to 1 hr until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken, bacon and shallots with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Discard tarragon stalks. Simmer sauce rapidly until reduced by half. Stir in the creme fraiche and tarragon leaves. Season to taste.
- Turn off the heat, then return the chicken, bacon and shallots to the pan. Serve with veg.