Fresh from the triumph of the turkey curry, the Diabetes Diet’s love affair with turkey mince continues… Step forward the turkey burger.
The secret of a good turkey burger (or any burger, come to think of it) is plenty of seasoning and this recipe certainly delivers. For added oomph, you could add in some dried chilli flakes but you will probably find you get a nice little kick from the ground black pepper.
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2tbsp Soy or Tamari sauce
- 2tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. It’s easiest to do this with your hands – cleaned of course. You’ll get a fairly wet mixture.
- Shape into four burgers and place on a baking tray. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning the burgers over half-way through. You want them to be nicely browned.
- Serve with a big salad and some cooked vegetables. Fizz optional…
Each burger has roughly 6g of carbs and 2g of fibre. For a low-carb bun option for your burger, check out cavemanketo.