Low Carb Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 cups of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
1 cup of finely milled almond flour
½ cup of coconut flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
½ teaspoon of sea-salt
1 cup of strong coffee
½ cup sour cream
½ cup of melted butter cooled
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double broiler and allow to cool.
3. Combine the sugar substitute, almond and coconut flours, baking powder and sea-salt. Set bowl aside.
4. In a small bowl combine the hot coffee, sour cream and melted butter.
5. In a large stand-up mixer set to low add the coffee mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix till well combined.
6. Add the eggs and mix till fully incorporated.
7. Lastly, add the melted chocolate to the batter and combine till blended.
8. Pour batter into the cupcake tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool before eating. May be frosted with your favorite low carb frosting or left bare.