Low Carb Brown Butter Cake
2 cups of (4 sticks) unsalted butter melted and lightly browned
6 large eggs
2 cups of finely milled almond flour
2 cups of sugar substitute
1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of sea salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 10-inch spring-form pan with butter.
2. Melt and lightly brown the butter in a saucepan and allow to cool completely.
3. Beat all the eggs and sugar substitute in a stand-up mixer on high until mixture is thick and a shade of pale yellow, about 6 minutes.
4. Add the almond flour by ¼ cup increments into the egg and sugar-substitute batter folding gently with a rubber spatula. *Do not over stir, mix only to combine
5. Once the batter has been mixed add the now cooled melted brown butter gently fold into the batter until fully incorporated.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Allow this cake to cool completely before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy in good health!
Cake makes 16 servings at 3.2 net carbs per slice