Meatloaf is… wonderful, delicious, tasty, satisfying. In fact, there aren’t enough adjectives to describe meatloaf so I’ll just settle for the four. Most recipes rely on a breadcrumb filler, but this one is gluten-free and low-carb. Eat and enjoy.
- 1kg steak mince (from the butcher for better quality)
- 1 large onion, very finely chopped
- 2-3 stalks of celery, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small chillies, finely chopped
- 60g ground almonds
- 2 large eggs
- 40g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4-6 rashers streaky bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Mix all the ingredients (except the bacon) in a large bowl. The easiest way to do this is with your hands, scrunching everything together until it is well combined. Grease a 2lb loaf tin and pack the mix in (you may also need another dish). Top with the rashers of bacon. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 60 minutes. Take the foil off for the last five minutes of cooking time to brown the top.
- There will be plenty of juices so serve slices of the meatloaf with spoonfuls of the juices.