4 chicken legs, skin on
1 tbsp olive oil
5 tbsp natural yoghurt
For the marinade:
1 tbsp fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
5 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 fresh chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp hot chilli powder
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and use the olive oil to grease a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade and stir in the yoghurt.
3. Coat each chicken leg evenly with the yoghurt mixture ensuring to cover the top and underneath.
4. Place the chicken on a plate in the fridge and marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes.
5. Add the chicken to the prepared baking sheet and place in the centre of the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with fresh coriander (optional) before serving.
7. Great with roasted cauliflower or wilted spinach.
5 thoughts on “Low carb kitchen: Spiced yoghurt chicken”
I would like this recipe. Sounds delicious.
The marinade looks a lovely mix of spices.
All the best Jan
[…] Source link […]
[…] Low carb kitchen: Spiced yoghurt chicken — Diabetes Diet […]