I decided to make the crust for this quiche out of coconut flour to once again benefit those who have nut allergies or simply want to reduce their carbs further. I hope this keto quiche inspires you to roll up your sleeves and start creating delicious low carb keto foods for you and your loved ones.
Remember you can always customize this quiche to make it your own. Add or substitute any of the filling items just make sure you keep the eggs and water ratio the same.
Enjoy in good health!
Low Carb Keto Quiche
½ cup (1 stick of butter melted and cooled)
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
1. Mix all the ingredients of the low carb crust just until dough forms.
2. Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Transfer crust into a 9 inch, pie pan. Being careful to smooth out any cracks.
4. Bake at 350 degrees in a pre-heated oven for 15- 20 minutes and set aside to cool.
2 tablespoons of water
1 ½ ounces of Swiss cheese thinly sliced
2 teaspoons of fresh parsley finely minced
¼ cup of finely minced fresh onions (I like to brown mine before adding to the filing for extra flavor)
6 slices of cooked bacon roughly chopped
1 teaspoon of sea salt
½ teaspoon of black pepper
1. Add the quiche filling and bake at 350 for 25- 30 minutes until the quiche is fully cooked.
2. Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
3. Can be eaten hot or at room temperature.
Total Net Carbs per slice 2.9