Pesto Flounder Packets
This recipe is easy to adapt to seasonal ingredients. When basil is not available, use a spinach or red pepper pesto. Baking in parchment during cold weather is quite successful, but use the grilling method when the weather cooperates.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) flounder fillets or any white fish fillets available in your area
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced tomatoes
- Lime slices
Prepare an outdoor grill.
Cut aluminum foil into 4 pieces large enough to enclose the fillets. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon olive oil on each piece of foil. Place fish on top of the oil.
Lightly spread 1 tablespoon pesto over each fillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with tomato and lime slices.
Seal foil packets and place on the grill. Grill 8-10 minutes or until fish are cooked.
Summer Entertaining | jovinacooksitalian
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- Half a cucumber, diced
- Sliced radishes and black olives to taste
- 4 cups torn garden lettuce
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Vinaigrette, recipe below
Combine all the ingredients in a salad bowl. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle some of the dressing over the salad and mix well. Taste and add a little more dressing, if necessary.
Yields: ¾ cup
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian mixed herbs
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Whisk the first seven ingredients together. Whisk in the olive oil, a little at a time, until it is all incorporated.