Baked Chicken Curry
- 1.25 kg chicken pieces, bone in
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 5 tbsp full fat yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 6 cardamom pods
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion or shallot
- Put the chicken in a large casserole dish in a single layer. Add salt, juice, lots of pepper, mix well and set aside for 20 mins.
- Combine ginger, garlic, yoghurt, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cayenne and cardamom in a bowl. Mix well.
- Rub chicken with mix, cover and put in fridge overnight.
- Heta oven to 200C/gas 6.
- Bring chicken to room temperature. Brush with oil, scatter with onion. Bake in middle of oven for 30 mins. Turn chicken over and put back in oven. Cook another 40 mins, basting every 10 with juices.
3 thoughts on “Baked Chicken Curry”
[…] Source: Baked Chicken Curry […]
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
LikeLiked by 1 person