Bacon and Beef Gratin
- 600g minced beef
- 400g bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce or sambal oelek (from Asian shop)
- About 8 oz of mushrooms, sliced (enough to cover the bottom of an oven-proof dish)
- 1 courgette cut into 2mm slices
- Grated cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 dl cream
- 1 cup water
- Pepper, little bit of bouillon powder
Melt butter, add onion and fry until translucent, add the bacon, continue frying for a few minutes, finally add the mince and fry it until browned, mix with all other ingredients and cook for around 10-15mins.
Grease an ovenproof dish with butter, place a layer of mushrooms in the dish, then top with the meat/bacon sauce, then top with sliced courgette and sprinkle cheese over that.
Whisk together the cream water, eggs, pepper and a little bouillon powder, pour evenly over the gratin.
Whisk together the casserole and pour this over the gratin evenly.
Bake in middle of oven for about 20-25 minutes at 225 degrees.